Friday, November 21, 2014
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADA ENJOY DAN:
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADA by CHEF DAN:
12 ounces red enchilada sauce, homemade or Traders Joe’s
1-teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 cup corn
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 cups peeled butternut squash, cut 2-1/2-inch-dice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 (10 Oz) can tomatoes with green chilies
1 (15 Oz) can black beans
1 teaspoon EACH cumin, smoked paprika and chili powder
8 corn tortillas
2 tablespoon scallions, bias-sliced into 1/2--inch lengths
1/4-cup low fat sour cream, for serving
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES)
1. Place 1/4-cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a prepared baking dish.
2. In a skillet heat oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
3. Add onions, garlic, jalapenos and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add cubed butternut, tomatoes, black beans, water, corn, cilantro, cumin, paprika, chili powder and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover and cook for about 30-35 minutes.
6. Place a generous 1/3-cup filling in the center of each tortilla and roll.
7. Place on the baking dish, seam side down.
8. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
9. Bake; cover with foil until hot and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
10. Top with scallions and sour cream.
ENJOY DAN: BUON-APPETITE!!