Sunday, November 16, 2014
SPICY WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER ENJOY DAN:
SPICY WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 head of cauliflower
1-1/2cups low-fat yogurt
1 lime, zest and juice
2 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon EACH smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and curry powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES)
1. On a prepared baking sheet lightly greased with coconut oil.
2. Wash cauliflower and trim greens from stem side.
3. Use a knife to cut around the base of the cauliflower, removing the center core but leaving the florets intact.
4. In a bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and curry powder.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Dunk the cauliflower into the bowl, using your hands to smear the marinate evenly over the surface.
7. Reserve any leftover marinate to use as a garnish when serving.
8. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 1 hour, until it is golden brown and fork tender.
9. The marinate will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower.
10. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and serving alongside a green salad with lime juice and olive oil dressing.
ENJOY DAN: BUON-APPETITE!!