Thursday, March 10, 2016
ORANGES WITH ROSEMARY INFUSED HONEY AND PISTACHIOS ENJOY DAN:
ORANGES WITH ROSEMARY INFUSED HONEY AND PISTACHIOS by CHEF DAN:
2 fresh rosemary, needles striped and stems discarded
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons shelled, unsalted pistachios
4 oranges, navel, or blood oranges
1. Toast the pistachios in a dry cast-iron skillet, stirring frequently for about 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Using a mortar & pestle, lightly bruise the rosemary needles.
3. In saucepan, combine the rosemary with the honey, lemon juice, and water and warm over moderately low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes.
5. Transfer the rosemary-infused honey to a serving bowl.
6. Slice off the tops and bottoms of the oranges, and then cut down the sides of the fruit to remove all the skin and white pith.
7. Cut the oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange them on platters.
8. Season the oranges lightly with salt & pepper; drizzle with some of the infused honey.
9. Scatter the toasted pistachios on top.
10. Serves with additionally honey alongside.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS & SING SONGS!!