Monday, March 21, 2016
GREEN BEANS WITH TOFU AND HOISIN SAUCE ENJOY DAN:
GREEN BEANS WITH TOFU AND HOISIN SAUCE by CHEF DAN:
1 (14 Oz) package firm tofu
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon EACH mirin, soy sauce
1 thumb-size fresh ginger grated
3 teaspoon red chili paste
2 tablespoons EACH vegetable oil and brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
8 ouches fresh green beans, trimmed and halved lengthwise
Hot cooked rice noodles
1. Drain the tofu; place the block in a strainer under 3-4 paper towels.
2. Cover tofu block with 3-4 more paper towels.
3. Weigh down with a plate and a heavy can on top to remove excess water.
4. Allow to sit 15-20 minutes then cut into 1-inch cubes.
5. Stir together 3 tablespoons water hoisin sauce, mirin, ginger chili paste and brown sugar.
6. In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
7. Add tofu cook, without stirring, until tofu begins to brown, 4-5 minutes.
8. Turn tofu and stirring occasionally for another 4-5 minutes until golden.
9. Transfer to a plate.
10. Add remaining oil do the skillet, add garlic, beans, and sauté for 4 minutes.
11. Return tofu to the skillet, add hoisin mixture, and bring to a boil, stirring to coat.
12. Serve with rice noodles.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS & SING SONGS!!