Monday, March 14, 2016
GREEN BEAN NICOISE SALAD ENJOY DAN:
GREEN BEAN NICOISE SALAD by CHEF DAN:
1/4-cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 teaspoons EACH fried basil, dried thyme, and dried tarragon
1 teaspoon EACH Dijon mustard, and honey
Sea salt and Seasoned Pepper Medley to taste
3 hard boiled eggs peeled and quartered lengthwise
1/2-pound fingerling potatoes
1 head of butter lettuce
2 tomatoes cut into wedges
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2-pound green beans, bias sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
6 radishes, trimmed and quartered
1/4-cup (Bistro Style Olives) or chopped Nicosia or Calamite pitted olives
1. In a jar, place the oil, and remaining ingredients.
2. Cover with a lid and shake the devil out of it until well mixed.
3. Place onion slices in a bowl and sprinkle 3 tablespoons of vinaigrette.
4. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with 2-incHes of water.
5. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, drain.
6. While the potatoes are still warm cut into halves.
7. Place them in a bowl and dress them with 1/4-cup vinaigrette.
8. In a skillet add water and when boiling throw in the green beans with splash of salt, cook 3-5 minutes.
9. Rinse in cold water
10. Arrange bed of lettuce on a serving platter.
11. Place the potatoes and green beans in mounds on the lettuce.
12. Sprinkle the tomatoes onion and redishes around the lettuce.
13. Add boiled eggs, and olives on top of the potato, bean mixture.
14. Drizzle everything with the remaining vinaigrette.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!