Monday, March 14, 2016
MOROCCAN SPICED APRICOT CHICKEN ENJOY DAN:
MOROCCAN SPICED APRICOT CHICKEN by CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoon olive oil
3 onions, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and copped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2-cup dried apricots
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons Moroccan spice (recipe to follow)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
3 teaspoons olive oil
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Blend Moroccan spice Mix and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl.
2. Pat chicken dry and dredge in spice mix turning to coat completely.
3. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
4. In a skillet heat 2 tablespoon oil over medium-high when sizzling.
5. Add the onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add carrots, and garlic and sauté until tender.
7. Add the apricots, honey and Moroccan spices.
8. Transfer vegetables and spice to the bottom of a roasting pan.
9. In the same skillet add reaming oil and when sizzling add chicken.
10. Season with salt and pepper and brown on all sides.
11. Transfer to roasting pan, pour in broth, cover and bake for 90 minutes
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 teaspoon EACH ground cumin ground coriander, and ground ginger
1 teaspoon EACH chili powder black pepper and tandoori masala
1/2-teaspoon EACH turmeric, cinnamon, sea salt, and sugar
1/4-teaspoon EACH ground cloves and allspice
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!