Friday, March 11, 2016
ASIAN WILD STEELHEAD SALMON CAKES ENJOY DAN:
ASIAN WILD STEELHEAD SALMON CAKES by CHEF DAN:
Makes 6 cakes
1/2-cup uncooked Jasmine rice
2 (6.5 Oz) cans wild steelhead salmon
1 (8 Oz) can crushed pineapple, well drained
1 egg, beaten
2 scallions, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
2 teaspoons EACH oyster sauce and hoisin sauce
6 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons sriacha
1 clove garlic
1. Cook rice according to package directions;
2. Combine salmon, 1/2-the pineapple, and the next 5 ingredients, in a bowl.
3. Gently mix and form cakes, pressing firmly.
4. Coat cakes with Panko.
5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
6. Fry cakes until golden brown on both sides.
7. Transfer salmon cakes to towel lined baking sheet to drain.
8. Combine mayonnaise, reaming pineapple, sriacha and garlic in a food processor.
9. Blend until smooth, serves salmon cakes with sauce.