Friday, March 25, 2016
AVOCADO SALAD WITH EGGS AND UDON NOODLES ENJOY DAN:
AVOCADO SALAD WITH EGGS AND UDON NOODLES by CHEF DAN:
3 cups chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2- fresh avocado, seeded, peeled and cut in half
1/2-English cucumber, thinly sliced
2 radishes, thinly sliced
1 (12 Oz) package fresh udon noodles, cook according to package directions
1/2-avocado, cut into thin slices
1 cup Romaine lettuce
4 scallions cut on the bias in 1/2-inch lengths
1. Place the egg in a pot of cold water.
2. Just as the water come to a boil; remove from heat.
3. Let sit in water for 20 minutes; then transfer to ice bath and let cool.
4. In a skillet add broth and garlic and bring to a boil over medium-heat.
5. Reduce to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes; remove from heat.
6. Put 1/2-the avocado in a blender; pour in 1/2-the broth and blend until creamy.
7. Pour broth into a large bowl.
8. Place reaming avocado and broth in the blender, blend until creamy.
9. Add to the rest of the broth mixture to the bowl.
10. Peel the eggs.
11. Separate the cooked noodles into 2 bowls.
12. Ladle equal amounts of the avocado broth over the noodles.
13. Slice an egg in half and place the halves on top of the noodles.
14. Repeat with remaining egg.
15. Finish by topping each bowl with avocado slices, cucumber, radish and scallions and Romaine lettuce.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!