Monday, January 25, 2016
CURRY TOMATO SOUP WITH COCONUT MILK ENJOY DAN:
CURRY TOMATO SOUP WITH COCONUT MILK by CHEF DAN:
1-tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
1 (14.5 Oz) can diced tomatoes
1(10.5 Oz) can RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 (19.5 Oz) Mae Ploy coconut milk
1 (15 Oz) can straw mushrooms
1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
1 (16 Oz) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4-teaspoon EACH curry powder and sumac
2 tablespoon EACH brown sugar, lime juice and fresh basil
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat and when sizzling.
2. Add onion and curry paste, sauté for 4 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, and coconut milk to the skillet; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and for 12 minutes.
5. Add shrimp, tofu and curry powder and sumac, lime juice and fresh basil.
6. Cook stirring occasionally, until shrimp are tender and tofu is heated through.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!