Sunday, January 31, 2016
CHINESE NEW YEAR CHICKEN PEANUT CHOW MEIN ENJOY DAN:
CHINESE NEW YEAR CHICKEN PEANUT CHOW MEIN BY CHEF DAN:
1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
1 (12 Oz) package sugar snap peas cut on the bias in 12- inch lengths
2 (6 Oz) package chow mein noodles
1-tablespoon sesame oil, divided
1/2-pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
3 tablespoons soy sauce divided
2 tablespoons EACH oyster sauce, fish sauce and mirin
1/4-teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon EACH sugar, smoked paprika, and turmeric
1 cup chicken broth
8 crimini mushroom, halved
1/2-thumb-size fresh ginger, minced
6 scallions, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
1/4-cup dry roasted peanuts
1. Cook carrots, snap peas and noodles in salted boiling water for 3 minutes.
2. Drained, and set aside.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
4. When sizzling; cut chicken crosswise into strips.
5. Add chicken and 1 teaspoon sesame oil, soy sauce and stir fry 3 minutes, set aside and keep warm.
6. In a bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and next 8 ingredients.
7. Heat remaining 1 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
8. Add mushrooms, and ginger to the skillet; stir fry 3 minutes.
9. Add broth mixture, and cook 1 minute.
10. Add noodle mixture and chicken to the skillet.
11. Cook 1 minute tossing to combine,
12. Sprinkle with scallions and dry roasted peanuts.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!