Sunday, January 31, 2016
CHINESE NEW YEAR WITH CURRY SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS ENJOY DAN:
CHINESE NEW YEAR CURRY WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS
Chinese New Year recipe that will bring you and your taste buds good fortune
1-tablespoon green curry paste
1 onion, cubed
6 Oz. prawns
6 Oz. bog scallops
Zest from one lime
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4-teaspoon fish sauce
1 (4 Oz) can bamboo shoots
1 (19.5 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
4 scallions, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
1. Add oil to a wok over medium high heat and when sizzling.
2. Add green curry paste and sauté until aromatic.
3. Stir in onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk, water, zest, and bamboo shoots; bring to a boil.
5. Add the scallops and prawns into the pot and boil for 1-2 minutes.
6. (DO NOT OVER COOK THEM)
7. Add fish sauce, sugar, and stir-continuously for 10 seconds.
8. Add scallions.
9. Serve with steamed jasmine rice
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!