Monday, January 25, 2016
CURRIED SQUASH AND LENTIL STEW WITH CILANTRO OIL ENJOY DAN:
CURRIED SQUASH AND LENTIL STEW WITH CILANTRO OIL by CHEF DAN:
SPICE ROASTED SQUASH:
1-1/2-pound butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and Seasoned Pepper Medley
1 teaspoon EACH curry powder and Tamdoori masala
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, minced
1-1/2-teaspoons garam masala and turmeric
2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup lentils
Spice roasted squash
Salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle with cilantro oil (recipe to follow)
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 F)
1. Toss cubed squash with oil and seasonings.
2. Place on prepared baking sheet; roast for 30 minutes, set aside.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
4. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
5. Add in garlic, ginger, and garam masala, and turmeric, sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Pour in broth; add lentils, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Stir in roasted butternut squash and cook an additional 10 minutes.
8. Drizzle with cilantro oil
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/2-cup grape-seed oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
Seas salt and white pepper to taste
1. Bring a sauce pan of water boil; add cilantro making sure to push leaves under the boiling hot water.
2. Blanch 5 seconds, drain and plunge into ice water, drain and squeeze dry.
3. Process all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Serve yogurt and naan bread.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!